Bitz Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Age Of Sigmar we take stock – Where to buy them ?
Having passed a certain level in the Warhammer 40k or Age of Sigmar hobby, we all have the same desire, to make our miniatures unique or adapted to our way of playing during a meeting, able to cope with any situation.
And the best way to satisfy this desire is to have a bitzbox full of bitz of all kinds to be able to convert our miniatures as we wish.
When you are a beginner, either as a modeler or as a player, you don’t immediately see the importance of the rabiots you have left after building all your miniatures. So here’s everything you need to know about Warhammer 40k bitz and Age Of Sigmar bitz.
What exactly are Warhammer bitz?
A bitz is actually a miniature element that you have left after you have finished building your miniatures. The term comes from the word bits, which means piece, in the Games Workshop hobby it’s called a bitz.
Bitz are above all miniature parts, which you can use in 3 main ways:
- To replace a broken part of your miniature, for example the legs of an Astra Militarum Sentienelle are broken, simply buy a pair of them from a spare parts store to replace them.
- To be ready for any eventuality in the game, if you like your army to fit perfectly with the list you made to make a bitz, it’s better to have all the accessories available. It’s not uncommon to see miniatures with interchangeable elements to vary the game modes, for example a Space Marine Predator for which you offer several choices of turrets.
- But one of the main reasons is aesthetic, each modeler tries to make his miniature unique for him. Choosing each piece is therefore essential.
Where to buy Warhammer bitz from Games Workshop?
If you are a Warhammer 40k or Age of Sigmar enthusiast, there is a very good chance that you will have some bits left after you have assembled all your miniatures, but this is rarely enough, so we all have to buy from specialized shops.
On our side if we had to choose only one it would be BitzStore.com for its quality service and good Warhammer 40k bitz catalog, the shop represents what we concider as a good Warhammer spare parts shop.
Of course there are many other bitz shops on the web, it would be complicated to list them all. That’s why it’s best to show you how to choose the best bitz warhammer shop for you.
- Favour shops with a clean awning, what we mean by this is not to go through dubious merchants on markets places like ebay or Aliexpress, simply to avoid falling on counterfeit and damaged second-hand rabiots.
- Don’t look for the cheapest way to avoid all the problems. Many bitz shops practice very low prices compared to others, do not fall for it if the prices are really low is that there is a reason, poor quality parts, incomplete order, missing stock etc ..
- Pay attention to the shipping costs, do not look for the cheapest, favour sellers who give you a follow-up and protect your shipment well.
Alternative to have more bitz: Favoring the best miniature boxes
Each box of a Warhammer army contains a certain amount of interesting bitz and some more common ones. Boxes are more advantageous to get a rare and important bitz for a unique conversion.
If you’re looking to grow your bitzbox (box of bitz) focus on these few very interesting boxes in your army. For example in the Space Marines, the Devastator or Veteran support boxes are perfect to have weapons bitz, on the contrary if you prefer accessories and common parts direct you to the Space Marines tactical squad.
Also think about alternative warhammer bits
Did you know that many small companies have specialized in making your miniatures still unique? They make elements specially designed for Warhammer miniatures, perfectly adapted to the universe and at the same scale, they are called Warhammer proxies.
So you will be able to buy other bitz proxies for your miniatures and make them even more unique. So you can find at Puppetswar, Kromlech, ChapterhouseStudios or Spellcrow what you need to customize your miniatures with unofficial bits, you will find here the complete list of manufacturers and sellers of bits and miniatures alternative to Games Workshop.